Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Latte

It's that time of year when everything suddenly becomes pumpkin flavored. My husband is thrilled because he loves pumpkin pie and I get excited about the Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks. They are delicious and I could easily drink one a day. However, as I'm sure you know, Starbucks isn't exactly cheap and my wallet just doesn't allow for daily visits. So what to do? Well that's easy, all you need is a recipe that lets you make them at home!



  • 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla-flavored syrup
  • 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 cup milk
  • 3 ounces espresso (1-2 shots)  
  1. In a small saucepan, stir pumpkin puree into milk.
  2. Add vanilla syrup and pumpkin pie spice.
  3. Heat gently, continuing to stirring occasionally just until steaming and foam begins to appear.
  4. Pour pumpkin flavored milk into a tall mug and pour espresso over.
  5. Top with whip cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice.
  6. If you like it slightly sweeter; add a bit of vanilla flavored coffee cream.
Perfect for a crisp fall day and at a fraction of the cost of Starbucks. It doesn't get much better than that!

2 comments:

  1. ooooo.... THANK YOU!!! One of my faves, I can't wait for the morning to whip one up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Za!! I can't wait to try this! I looove Pumpkin Spice lattes! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete