Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chocolate Cookie Sorta-Fail

We're back from our weekend away. We had a great time at the wedding and a nice family dinner last night but it's good to be home. Today I took down the last of the fall decorations and Chris and I hung our lights outside. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas :)

I also attempted to make Martha Stewart's Outrageous Chocolate Cookies. I say attempted because they didn't quite turn out the way they were supposed to. Here's what Martha's version looks like...


And here's mine...


Pretty easy to spot the difference! I'm still not sure what went wrong. I followed the recipe exactly, except for substituting white chocolate chips instead of chocolate chunks.


But my batter was so runny that the cookies ran together into one solid mess. I decided to bake it anyway because I hated to waste a whole box of Baker's chocolate. It baked up well but the best I could do after it came out of the oven was to break it up into pieces. The texture and taste are really a lot closer to a brownie and I almost wish I would have done it in a brownie pan and cut it into pieces.

I'm calling it a sorta-fail because it actually tastes amazing despite looking completely unlike cookies. So I guess it could be worse and better luck to me next time! Let me know if you've made them before or if you try them now and they turn out. And make sure you come visit again tomorrow because I've got some Christmas crafts I'm ready to share!



P.S. I'm drawing the winner of my $20 giveaway this Friday so don't forget to enter!

No comments:

Post a Comment