Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Cookies - Oatmeal Chocolate Chip

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies were a last minute addition to my Christmas Cookie list. They replaced Martha's Cocoa Shortbread Diamonds after I realized that the shortbread required a food processor. We have one but I've never used it before and, after having already made 3 types of cookies in the preceding 24 hours, I decided it wasn't a good time to learn. Instead, I went with a family favourite that I knew was sure to please. My mom has been making these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies for years and we all love them!


Ingredients:
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar together. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and mix until combined. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Drop dough onto greased cookies sheets and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.


And that's it, you're done! These cookies are chewy and chocolatey and incredibly addictive. I use a standard sized cookie scoop and one batch yields just over 3 dozen cookies which is great because you can whip these up in no time. I promise, you're going to love them!


Make sure to come back tomorrow for the last installment in my Christmas Cookie series, Icebox Cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment