Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Style.Play.Work.Shop

STYLE.PLAY.WORK.SHOP. is a styling workshop created by the blogs Compai and Minted Condition. Designed to be a playground for stylists and bloggers, each month they pick a specific number of household objects to photograph into a still life. Each still life image is then placed together to compare different styling and photographic styles and ideas.


I first read about it on What's Up Whimsy when Shannon participated last month and I thought it sounded like a lot of fun and a good opportunity for learning. I'm often less than satisfied with the photos I post here and would love to develop my skills a little more so I signed up in time for Round 3: gift, cookie, calendar, sphere.


The items were in easy reach as I have presents under the tree, leftover cookies from my bake sale, and round Christmas ornaments everywhere! Putting the items together and taking a decent photograph of them proved a little more difficult. I must have taken about 50 pictures to get to one I was pleased with but at least I got there! Here's my entry:


The ladies over at Compai and Minted Condition both provided some constructive feedback on my photo and I can't wait to apply it to January's assignment. They also pick their favourite shots and post them on their blogs so be sure to check them out here and here. Then head on over to the Flickr group to see all of the entries and to sign yourself up for Round 4!

In the meantime, here are a couple of my favourites from this round.

via lanalou style

via Compai

2 comments:

  1. I found it really difficult too! But, like you, I would love to work on my styling and photography skills. I definitely need to participate in the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this sweet post! I'm glad that you enjoyed the experience and I can't wait to see what you come up with for the next round!

    ReplyDelete