Tuesday, January 25, 2011

DIY Heart Art & a Winner!

A couple of weeks ago I bought a heart punch on a whim and have since been trying to come up with a project to use it for. Last night inspiration struck and I created a frame full of pretty hearts.


This project could not be simpler or more inexpensive to make. I chose a piece of scrapbooking paper to be my background and then punched 11 hearts out of a piece of polka dot paper. I punched the remaining heart from a scrap of striped paper to contrast with the dots. Then I inked around the edges of all of my hearts to make them stand out a little more against my background. You can do this with an inkpad but since I didn't have one I just dragged the side of a brown paper along my edges to get ink effect. Every once in a while I purposely inked onto the front of the hearts to give it a shabby feel. The last step was to stick my hearts to my background using two-sided tape and then pop the whole thing into a frame.


The whole thing took less than 15 minutes and, since I already had the frame and paper, it cost me nothing to make. I made it for Valentine's Day but it's so pretty that I think I might leave it out all year!

On a different note, I'm excited to announce the winner of my CSN giveaway. The winner of the $20 gift certificate, selected by Random.org, is Liz!


Liz, I'll be emailing you this afternoon! Thank you so much to everyone who entered. Keep checking back because I've got another giveaway planned for next month :)



Linking this post up to:





No comments:

Post a Comment