Friday, January 28, 2011

Hanging Crayon Hearts & Design Changes!


Yesterday I posted about DIY Crayon Hearts but didn't show you pictures of my finished product. I had really hoped for a sunny day so that you could see how pretty they are with the light shining through but the weather has not cooperated so you'll have to take my word for it. Or make your own and hang them in the sunny windows at your house - just click back to yesterday's post for the how to.






The other thing I'm excited about today is the semi-redesign of the blog! You may have noticed my brand new header. The font is from Fonts For Peas and the graphic is from Shabby Blogs

I get the cutest handwriting fonts at Fonts for Peas! kevinandamanda.com/fonts

I also repurposed a section of the header to create my very own button! I'm no graphic designer but I'm so happy with the way it turned out. Feel free to grab it - the code is in the sidebar. I'm using the same Fonts for Peas font for my dates and post titles too.

Sugar and Shimmer Button

If you have a blog of your own and you've been wanting to make some changes but don't want to spend the money on a custom design then I hope you'll be inspired - I have very little design and html knowledge but I was able to make these changes all on my own using free resources found through Google searches. Next up will be sidebar titles and a new background so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you did that on your own!! It looks amazing Sarah and and I love the "Sarah's adventures in baking and crafting"...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love your new header. I noticed it as soon as I opened your blog. Crayon hearts are pretty!!

    ReplyDelete