Wednesday, April 6, 2011

DIY Spring Wreath

I'm so excited to show you the newest addition to my front door - my bright and sunny, flower covered, super pretty Spring Wreath!


I'll admit that this project was a bit time consuming but I'm so happy with the final result. I started with an old straw wreath that my mom didn't want anymore and I covered it with plastic wrap so the straw wouldn't poke through. Then I wrapped it with fluffy white yarn.



Next I made what felt like a million flowers. There are three types. The fabric rosettes were made using this tutorial from NatSprat. The felt flowers were made using this tutorial from I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar.



Last I made my little banner using triangles of fabric, letters that I cut out with my Silhouette and some pink ribbon. I just mod podged it all together in an attempt at weather proofing - we'll see if it works!


The last step involved a lot of hot glue to put it all together and tying on a ribbon and it was done! The best part is that I made it on the super cheap. The wreath was free, the yarn was about $3, the scraps of fabric for the rosettes and banner were free (also from my mom) and I spent $2.50 on sheets of felt. Not bad!


It makes me smile every time I pull in the driveway :)



P.S. Linking this up to




2 comments:

  1. I like it very much. I'm sure that I will smile when I come for a visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath turned out SOOOOO cute! Can I trade you!?! :) Thanks so much for linking back up to me, you're the best!

    Love,
    Nat

    ReplyDelete