Saturday, June 18, 2011

My Mom's Gardens

My parents live on 10 beautiful acres that they devote a great deal of time to maintaining. Their effort is worth it though as their property is a tree and flower filled retreat that explodes into bloom at this time of year. Visiting one evening this week I just had to take some pictures to share with you. Today I wanted to feature some of my Mom's lovely gardens and planters. She manages to create arrangements that are both natural and whimsical at the same time.


I love this arrangement the most. The little blue jay sitting in his pot on a weather beaten wooden chair. The muted colours blend so well into nature and the weathering on everything makes it seem as though it was always there in the grass.







My favourite part of my Mom's gardens is her gorgeous peonie bush. Peonies are such beautiful flowers - it's just too bad the ants love them so much because I'm afraid to bring any inside!




Hopefully you're as impressed with her work as I am. It's a gorgeous day for gardening here so I'm off to tend to my beds. Tell me, how does your garden grow?

No comments:

Post a Comment