Monday, November 28, 2011

Winter Jars

When I saw the idea for these winter jars over at The Tortoise and the Hare, I knew I had to make some of my own. This project could not have been simpler and I'm so happy with the way my jars turned out!


I started with some of those cheapy dollar store trees that people use when they put together Christmas villages - they were green with fake snow on them. To turn them white I soaked them in bleach and water for a couple of hours and then rinsed them really well. The fake snow kind of melted off and the trees turned sort of yellow. To make them whiter I hit them with some spray glue and then poured white glitter all over them. The last step was to put them in them old jars and then add sugar for snow and to hold them in place. Super easy, really pretty and my winter decorating has finally begun!

1 comment: