Wednesday, July 4, 2012

DIY Collage Art for Kids

If you’re a regular reader then you probably already know I’m a scrapbook paper addict. I have way more paper than I’ll probably ever be able to use so when I come across a project that calls for a collection of pretty paper, I’m on it! This elephant collage is based on a template from Martha Stewart (there’s also an owl and a bulldog) and this project could not be easier to make!

Elephant Collage

Once I had downloaded the template and knew how many pieces I’d need I chose a collection of matching papers from Suzy Ultman’s Lion Sleeps collection (sadly, I don’t think they make this anymore but I still see the pads in the clearance aisle at Walmart so you could try there if you like the patterns pictured). Then I cut out each of the template pieces, traced them onto my patterned paper and cut out all my final shapes.

Elephant Collage Close

I changed up Martha’s project a bit. Instead of mod podging my elephant on an 8x8 wooden art board, I glued mine on to an 8x10 piece of paper so I could frame it. The only alteration to the template required is extending the two ground pieces so that each one is 5 inches long.

This project literally came together in about half an hour so, when I was finished with this pink version, I made a blue one for Nathan. It’s already in its frame.

Elephant Collage - Boy 

I love how this simple little project will have big impact hanging on the wall in a child’s room and I think these collages would make great gifts!

 

P.S. Linking up with Someday Crafts, Clean & Scentsible and Free Pretty Things For You.

1 comment:

  1. SO CUTE! Would love for you to link up to Wild West Thursday's! http://www.thegirlinthewildwest.com/

    ReplyDelete