Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Another DIY Birthday Card

Just popping in with a quick post today to share a card I made for my grandmother this weekend for her birthday.

I think that sometimes with cards simpler is better. This card is made from few pieces but I think it still has big impact. The backing papers (the flowers and the circles) are actually both from the same jumbo tag that I cut up so I could layer them. On top of them I added a little index card embellishment that I inked and paper letters to spell out HAPPY. I thought just that word was enough to get the sentiment across!

DIY Birthday Card 

And if you’re a regular reader then you’ll recognize this birthday hat sticker since I seem to work them into all my birthday cards. They are just so cute and add just the right festive touch. I only have one or two left though so I’m going to have to start searching the stores for another package!

DIY Birthday Card - Close

On another note, I’m excited to say that this is my 300th blog post! Sugar and Shimmer is coming up on its second birthday this month – I can’t believe how fast the time has gone by :)


No comments:

Post a Comment